Myself and Laura over at Laura Reflected have come up with a bunch of gift ideas we think the awesome, sassy, badass, feminist types would love to receive.
And, tbh, I think we would quite like all of these things.
I may have bought the safari print PJ’s already (20). And I’ve definitely got my eye on the notebooks (14 & 19), and the Frankenstein quote sweater (3).
1. Nasty woman pillow – £24.95 from Giant Sparrows
2. Unity pendant – £30 from Made
Made aim to create positive change for the communities in which they work. This particular necklace was made in a workshop in Kenya
Features a quote from Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein: “Beware, for I am fearless and therefore powerful”
4. Maya Angelou ‘my wish for you’ print – £4.69 from Paper Trail Market
5. Boys will be good humans t-shirt – from £14 from Free to be Kids
6. Wake up, kick ass, be kind, repeat pendant – £25/£35 with chain from Zeal and Heart Necklaces
Laura says: Rebecca Blanford is an expat Kiwi living in London, and I’m all about supporting homegrown talent (because we Aussies like to claim anything good that Kiwi’s do). She handmakes every necklace to order, made specifically for you! This necklace is perfect for the busy, ass kicking feminist in your life – in fact, all her necklaces kick ass!
7. Mills & Boon modern girls’ guide to happy hour – £19.50 from The Letter Room
8. Cats against catcalls t-shirt – £22.60 from Feminist Apparel
10. Lime Crime velveteen lipsticks – £15 from ASOS
11. Christmas tree t-shirt – £8 from Monki
Monki is a brand which prioritises empowerment and equality
12. The great feminist gift box – £21.90 from the Feminist Candle Co
13. Bad girls throughout history – £13.20 hardcover / £9.49 Kindle from Amazon
14. Smash the patriarchy notebook – £7.34 from Crafty Pagan
15. Humourless feminist killjoy necklace – £20 from Phannatiq (available in different colours)
16. Feminist as fuck mug – £9.95 from Abbie Imagine
17. My body, my choices t-shirt – £12 from Baked Alien
20% of the proceeds from this t-shirt go to Planned Parenthood Ottawa
18. I am woman socks – £3.50 from ASOS
19. Navy starlight unicorn A5 notebook – £3.50 from Nobody’s Child
Laura says: Nobody’s Child is my favourite “fast fashion” outlet with a difference – everything they produce is ethically sourced and made, so you can be sure your present isn’t exploitative. This notebook is a sweet choice for the writing obsessed and deep thinking feminist in your life – bonus points if they like unicorns!
20. Safari print pyjama set – £28 from ASOS
21. Fabulous & feminist keep cup – £9.95 from the Fawcett Society
This comes from the shop of the Fawcett Society who use responsibly sourced products to help raise funds to support gender equality and women’s rights movements
I’d like to thank Laura for raising my awareness of the exploitation of women as employees, certainly in the fashion industry. As a result, we’ve chosen only items from companies or sellers who are transparent about their practices. And, on a related note, all items from ASOS are chosen from their eco edit.
See my ‘about‘ section for more information on my use of affiliate links.