There was hardly anything in the fridge so I completely surprised myself by clobbering together this grilled vegetable and halloumi wrap.
I used my George Foreman grill, because I wouldn’t like to scrape cheese off a tray if I cooked it in the oven, and because I like the grill marks.
Really want a griddle pan at some point in my life.
Assorted veg & good stuff – I used yellow pepper, courgette, spinach, and tomatoes
Salt and pepper
- Slice the courgette (or use a mandolin if you have one) and pepper. About half of each will be enough for 2 wraps.
2. Place the veg on the grill and cook until slightly soft
3. Meanwhile, wash the spinach and slice the tomatoes
4. Remove the veg from the grill when done, and set aside.
5. Slice the halloumi and season with salt and pepper, then place on the grill for a few minutes until you get those grill marks
6. Add ½ tsp of chipotle paste to 2 tbsp of mayo plus 1 squeeze of lime juice and mix together. Taste and adjust if necessary – I don’t like it too spicy, I just love the smoky flavour of chipotle.
7. Microwave the wraps for 30 seconds to soften and then spread a dollop of your mayo onto each
8. Layer up the spinach, veg and halloumi and roll as best you can. My preferred technique is to fold both sides inwards, then roll from the bottom
9. I hate when wraps fall apart, to so I chucked mine back in the grill for a few minutes to seal it and make it a little crispy
Simple, delicious, and nutritious. I’m pretty proud of this because it was the most random collection of stuff I had in my fridge and it was honestly one of the best lunches I’ve made myself.
If you’re dairy-free, this would work really well with crispy falafel, too.
It didn’t take long to make and I made it again the next 2 days!
I’d love to know if you try this one! Don’t forget to pin for later.