Mother’s Day (coming up on Sunday 11th March in the UK) is all about showing your mum how much she means to you, and how much she’s appreciated. It’s great to get a little bit creative with your present, and show that you’ve put a lot of thought into it.
But, what if, like me, you’re not a very crafty or creative person?
Etsy, of course! Buying stuff from Etsy allows me to say “here, I have a handmade gift for you”
I didn’t make it, BUT STILL……
I’ve selected 14 items from across Etsy that I would love to get for my mam. I hope this list inspires you, too. It’s a good idea to get shopping early, especially for personalised items, to make sure it gets to you in time.
1. Personalised Mothers keepsake book – £45 – Clouds and Currents. A lovely A5 photo album or scrapbook you can spend some time sticking in lovely pictures of you and your mum, or bits and pieces to remind her of things you’ve done together. She might cry but that’s kinda secretly what you want, right? Shop here
2. Bath bomb gift set – £29.99 – Soul and Soap. A very nicely presented 9 aromatherapy bath bombs, enriched with Vitamin C and avocado oils. I’m very interested in the green tea and passion fruit ones but, I suppose, this isn’t about me. My mum would love the freesia one. This shop also has smaller gift boxes which are worth checking out. Shop here
3. Stamp your own cookie kit – £11 – Stomp Stamps. How cute would it be to present your mum with some flowers and half a dozen of homemade cookies, stamped with your own little message? If I was at home for Mother’s Day, I’d totally do this. Shop here
4. Illustration – £43 – About Face London. I’ve never seen anything like this before and I absolutely love it. How much would your mum love to have this beautiful illustration of your family (personalised, of course) in a frame on the wall? Shop here
5. Elephant plaque – £8.95 – Pretty Personalised UK. This can be personalised with your message, and I think it would look cute on a bedside table, making your mum smile when she sees it. Shop here
6. Bath caddy – £25 – Rustic Retro Furniture. How great would it be to buy this for your mum as a way to say “you deserve more me time”? You could even go the whole way and buy her a little bath time kit to go with it – a new book, bath bombs, and a scented candle. Shop here
7. Scented soy candle – £18 – Eve of St Agnes. I love soy candles and always prefer to buy them over other wax types. This one is spring scented, and it’s vegan! Shop here.
8. Wooden hanging heart – £3.50 – AmyKayIllustration. I like the idea of using this as a gift tag, but it’s a pretty cute little gift all on it’s own. Shop here.
9. Personalised family tree – £22.99 – Cher Bears Gifts. I clicked on this because it stood out with how pretty it looked when I was scrolling through Etsy. This is something that could be displayed all the time. I think it’s a great one that can be personalised to include everyone your mum considers family. Shop here.
10. Stress relieving eucalyptus and spearmint spa set – £22.51 – A Life of Oil. The aloe vera and loofah bar sounds so nice, and this set just says ‘ahhhhh’ to me. Other scents are also available in similar sets. Shop here
11. Spa storage bowl – £12.50 – Sophie Victoria Joy. You could display the above spa set in this personalised bowl for the ultimate ‘spa at home’ experience. I really fancy this for the bathroom. Shop here
12. Monogrammed mustard mulberry tree print scarf – £11.99 – Style Slice. How trendy. Everyone is loving mustard right now. I personally love how it goes with any dark-coloured outfit, because that is my whole wardrobe. I love buying my mam scarves, though, and she seems to love getting them. This is only £7.99 if you get it without the personalisation. Shop here
13. Pearl 14k gold stud earrings – £14.40 – deezign studio. Jewellery is always a good choice, and these are very classy and pretty. Shop here
14. Card – £2.75 – Flaming Mermicorn. At a minimum, get your mum a card, like this funny one from Flaming Mermicorn. She has more, much cheekier ones, too! Shop here
For me, Etsy is the way to go for occasions like Mother’s Day. It’s always good to get more ideas, though. Have you guys decided what you’re getting your mum yet? If so, share in the comments to inspire other readers.